Monday 5 February 2018

Ada’s hen do

My hen party bag





After Presecco brunch
My 3 little luverlies















Rapunzel & the Cheshire Cat
Cocktail making class
A couple of weeks a go I caught the train from Hemel Hempstead to Sheffield to meet up with Ada & the rest of her hen party. Ada’s amazing friend Lisa had arranged a two night stay at the Travel Lodge and an action packed weekend. We’d paid in full for the weekend way before Christmas so it felt like a free weekend away. I was feeling slightly under the weather still, so fortunately Heather & Edmund kindly helped me out by drinking some of my cocktails & all my shots at our cocktail making masterclass. I wasn’t looking forward to Laser Quest, however, it was such fun. We had a Disney themed weekend and Lisa had got us all Micky Mouse (for the 2 lads) & Minnie Mouse ears for us to wear. Saturday evening we all dressed up as different Disney characters to hit the town. I went as Rapunzel and John had French knitted me some lovely golden locks, which I sewed onto an elastic head band. I’d never been to Sheffield before and just need to take John there as it’s an amazing city with a lovely canal basin. Sunday morning while we were waiting for all the youngsters to get up I had a lovely stroll along the Sheffield & Tinsley Canal, sadly we’ve not got a canal guide book for there, but I’ll be getting one ASAP and plan a trip there at some point.

Outside Sheffield Station
Sheffield & Tinsley Canal

Canal basin Sheffiled




I’ve been looking back at my last two winters’ worth of blogs and it seems mud features heavily in them. We are now moored at Hunton Bridge, with a beautifully made path, so we’re now in the process of de-muddying the boat & our boots. Our brother-in-law Paul strolled to meet us yesterday to help us down a few locks, after a quick lunch we went to his local, ‘Hunters’ a lovely little pub near by. Then John took the opportunity to go out with Paul and his lads in the evening. It’s nice to be moored near Louise & Paul.

We’ve got a hectic & VERY exciting couple of weeks ahead with lots of visitors planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment